These chocolate peanut butter cookies are a delicious brownie cookie with a peanut butter and chocolate topping! They're a dreamy cookie combo while also being both gluten-free & dairy-free.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- nondairy butter
- gluten-free flour
- cacao powder
- coconut sugar or brown sugar
- peanut butter
- powdered sugar
- nondairy milk
- nondairy chocolate
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 5 days before moving to freezer.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
These brownie cookies are topped with a thick peanut butter layer and gluten-free, dairy-free, and delicious!
For the cookies:
- ½ cup nondairy butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup +1 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- ½ cup cacao powder unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon sugar
For the peanut butter topping:
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon nondairy butter
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon nondairy milk I used almond milk!
For the chocolate topping:
- ½ cup nondairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in vanilla and egg. Add in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop into about 9 cookies and bake for 9-10 min. While those are baking, make the peanut butter topping. Mix together all of the peanut butter topping ingredients until you have a paste/dough.
- Divide into 9 pieces, lightly flatten, and press on top of each cookie. Melt the chocolate topping and spread a little onto each cookie. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply