These lemon cookies are the perfect gooey lemon treats! They're gluten-free, dairy-free, and have the best texture. If you like lemon sweets, you'll absolutely love these!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- nondairy butter
- brown sugar
- lemon extract
- gluten-free flour
- powdered sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 4 days before moving to freezer.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Lemon Cookies
For the cookies:
- ½ cup nondairy butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ + ⅛ teaspoon xanthum gum only include if your gluten-free flour does NOT already have it
For the glaze:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon nondairy butter melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sprinkle of lemon zest for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Cream together butter and sugars. Mix in the egg, extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Mix in the dry ingredients. Scoop into 9-10 cookies and place in fridge for 30 min. Bake for 10 min and let cool.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients, spread on top of each cookie, and sprinkle with additional lemon zest. Enjoy!