Vegan Protein "Twix" Bars
These high-protein peanut butter Twix bars are made with simple, healthy ingredients that make for the perfect snack!
For the Protein Shortbread:
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tablespoon salted caramel vegan protein powder can use a vanilla protein powder as well!
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon nondairy milk I used almond milk
For the Peanut Protein Caramel:
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp peanut butter smooth
- 3 tablespoon vanilla vegan protein powder
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
For the Chocolate Topping:
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Mix up the shortbread ingredients and press into prepared pan. Place in freezer.
- Mix together the peanut butter caramel ingredients and spread evenly over the frozen shortbread layer. Return to freezer for a few min. while melting chocolate topping ingredients.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and slice into 8 bars. Spread the chocolate mixture over the top of each bar and let set before enjoying!
Store in the fridge or freezer!