This chocolate banana bread has some sneaky avocado in it that adds the dreamiest texture to the loaf! It is also gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. Super simple to make and will be a staple in your weekly menu.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Chocolate Avocado Banana Bread
This chocolate banana bread has some sneaky avocado in it that adds the best texture. It is also gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free!
- ½ avocado
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ¾ teaspoon xanthum gum omit if your flour already has it!
- ¼ cup cacao powder unsweetened
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup nondairy chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. In a blender, blend the avocado, bananas, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50-60 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before slicing and enjoying!
So excited to try this! Have you tried a regular or mini muffin pan instead of the loaf?
Hi Bethany! I have not tried either of those, but I am sure they will work-you will have to adjust the baking time. Let me know if you try it:)
What have you found in baking, if any, a good sub for bananas might be?? Thx so much. Everything looks great:)
Hi Cara! I have found that sometimes you can substitute applesauce or pumpkin puree. Sometimes it affects the texture as those can be more liquid-y. You can also try subbing more mashed avocado in place, but it will not be as sweet!:)
Hello! This looks soooo good! Can you provide macros?
Hi can I just use one cup of regular flour with no xanthum gum and make a regular loaf? I don’t really need it to be gluten free but still wanted to try cuz it looks good
Hi Faith! Yes, that should work!:)
Hello. What can i substitute xanthum gum with?
Would it be possible to use oat four?
Will regular sugar work the same?