These caramel cookie bars are three layers of heaven! They're made with a delicious date caramel and are vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free. They are one of my favorite treats to date!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- almond flour
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- coconut butter
- date syrup
- almond butter
- cacao powder
- nondairy milk
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 5 days before moving to freezer.
Vegan & Paleo Caramel Cookie Bars
These caramel cookie bars are three layers of deliciousness and filled with a gooey date caramel! They're vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free!
For the shortbread cookie layer:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
For the date caramel layer:
- ¾ cup dates pitted and soaked in hot water for at least an hour
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 3 tablespoon nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the chocolate layer:
- 3 tablespoon coconut butter melted
- 2-3 tablespoon date syrup
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Mix together the shortbread ingredients, press into pane, and bake for 12-15 min. or until edges are slightly golden.
- In a food processor, add the date caramel ingredients and process until you have a smooth caramel. Spread over the baked cookie layer and place in freezer to set.
- Melt together the chocolate layer ingredients until well combined. Spread evenly over caramel layer and return to freezer to set. Once hardened, slice and enjoy!
These are AMAZING! I can’t make them too often because I just end up eating the whole thing….. oops!
Hi Kate! I'm SO happy to hear that! I completely agree, it's so hard to resist the whole batch!