These high protein copycat Twix bars are one of my favorite weekly dessert recipes to make! They are packed with nutritious ingredients and are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, & refined sugar free.
This was inspired by my Protein Reese's Squares that were a hit over on TikTok and Instagram. And for good reason-they're so tasty!
If you want to substitute ingredients, here are a few I have tried myself.
- Peanut Butter - instead of peanut butter, you can use any nut or seed butter
- Protein Powder - use more almond flour if you do not have protein powder
- Maple syrup - the maple syrup can be replaced with honey, date syrup, or any liquid sweetener you like
Store the bars in the fridge for up to 4 days and then move to freezer.
Protein "Twix" Bars
For the protein shortbread
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 4 tablespoon protein powder I used a salted caramel flavor
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon nondairy milk I used almond milk
For the pb caramel
- ⅓+1 cup, Tbso natural peanut butter smooth
- 3 tablespoon protein powder I used a vanilla flavor
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
For the chocolate topping
- ¼ cup nondairy chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside. Mix together shortbread ingredients and press into loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer while you make the pb caramel. Mix together the pb caramel ingredients until smooth.
- Spread evenly over the shortbread layer and return to the freezer for about 10 min.
- Remove from freezer and slice into 8 bars. Melt together the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate over top of each of the bars and return to freezer until set. Enjoy!