These homemade protein butterfingers are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and taste even better than the real deal! The perfect healthy candy alternative and very simple to make.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- nut butter
- protein powder
- puffed rice cereal
- maple syrup or honey
- non-dairy chocolate
- coconut oil
See recipe card for quantities.
Vegan & Gluten-free Homemade Protein Butterfingers
- 1 ¼ cup smooth peanut butter make sure it is a natural kind so that it is very runny
- ½ cup protein powder of choice I recommend using a salted caramel or vanilla flavor
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free puffed rice cereal
For the chocolate topping:
- ⅓ cup nondairy chocolate chips
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey, and protein powder. Fold in the puffed rice.
- Press the mixture into the pan and let it sit in the fridge while you melt together the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Cut the butterfingers into 9-12 squares, depending on how large you want them, and spread some of the chocolate mixture onto the top of each. Let harden and enjoy!