Paleo & Vegan Lemon Cookies
These lemon cookies are the perfect summery treat while being paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free!
For the cookies:
- 2 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup melted ghee sub melted vegan butter or coconut oil for vegan!
- 5 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
For the frosting:
- ¼ cup coconut butter softened
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil softened
- 1 ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix all cookie ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop into about 18 cookies and lightly flatten. Bake for about 9 min. Let cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, mix together the frosting ingredients. Spread a layer of frosting on each cookie and top with additional lemon zest. Enjoy!
Store in the fridge or freezer. I love eating these cold!