These samoa bars have all the delicious flavor of the Girl Scout Samoa cookie with the benefit of some added protein! They're paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and super simple to make.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- coconut flour
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- almond butter
- vanilla protein powder
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- nondairy chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 5 days then move to freezer.
Paleo & Vegan Protein Samoa Bars
For the shortbread layer:
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil softened
- 6 tablespoon water
For the filling:
- ½ cup smooth natural almond butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
For the chocolate drizzle:
- ¾ cup nondairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix together the shortbread layer ingredients and press into the pan. Bake for 16 min. and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, melt together the almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil until smooth. Mix in the vanilla, salt, and protein powder until well combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle the shredded coconut evenly over top. Freeze for about 20 min. to set.
- Slice into about 9 bars. Melt the chocolate and dip the bottom of each bar into the chocolate. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the tops of the bars. Let harden and enjoy!