Say hello to these dairy free gluten free Reese's bar BEAUTIES! They are now one of my absolute favorite dessert recipes. They taste just as good as the real deal! Using almond flour and gut-friendly ingredients makes these the perfect sweet treat everyone will enjoy. Layered with a shortbread-type crust, a peanut layer, and a chocolate layer. The maple syrup is the perfect natural sweetener that adds that candy-like touch to these treats. I whipped up a batch of these and my whole family devoured them-that's when you know they're yummy!
As a kid, Reese's were among my top favorite candies. I absolutely loved the sweet peanut butter filling inside that decadent chocolate. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! I would always pick them when offered a selection of candy. This is probably also due to the fact that I absolutely loved, and still do love, peanut butter. I ate a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich every single day. I still like to enjoy that classic combo, just on some paleo bread! Peanut butter is just one of those things I could eat every single day and never get tired of. I love adding it to every recipe I can! So, although I can't tolerate a classic Reese's anymore, I can still come pretty darn close with this version!
These dairy free gluten free Reese's bars are not only delicious, they are super easy to make as well! The crust only takes about ten minutes to bake and the peanut and chocolate filling can be made using the same bowl and minimal ingredients. I love a dessert recipe that is quick to whip up, as I am always busy these days. These are also full of nutritious ingredients. The peanut butter packs in protein along with the almond flour. These are a treat that never fails to hit the spot! I eat these daily as an afternoon or evening snack! You can even have one at breakfast, no judgement here. I hope you enjoy these delicious bars!
Dairy & Gluten Free Reese's Bars
For the Crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup 3 tablespoon for the peanut filling and 1 tablespoon for the chocolate filling
- 1 ½ tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder for the chocolate filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 4x8 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the ingredients for the crust and mix until well combined. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 12-15 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown. Let the crust cool before adding the peanut filling.
- In a separate bowl, add the peanut butter, coconut oil, and 3 tablespoon maple syrup and mix until smooth. Reserve about ⅓ cup of the filling for the chocolate filling. Spread the rest of the peanut filling onto the cool crust and place in the freezer to firm before adding the chocolate filling on top.
- For the chocolate filling, add the unsweetened cacao powder and 1 tablespoon maple syrup to the reserved peanut filling.
- Pour and spread the chocolate filling onto the firmed bars. Place in the fridge to let them firm. Enjoy!