Coming at you with another delicious pumpkin recipe! These pumpkin bagels are next level good. Ever since eliminating ingredients that weren't helping my gut, I've craved a good 'ole bagel. These paleo pumpkin bagels do just the trick of combining two of my favorite things: pumpkin and bagels! They are made with coconut flour and flax seed meal instead of wheat ingredients, but still have that same yummy taste and texture. I also love that they have the perfect amount of natural sweetness from the maple syrup complimenting the pumpkin. Nothing beats pairing these with a warm cozy drink and feeling all of the fall vibes!
These paleo pumpkin bagels remind me of all things cozy and fall. A fun fact about me is that I absolutely love all things fall and the holiday season. It is my absolute FAVORITE time of year. Yes, October through December is hands down the best time of year. I live for the fall weather and the smell of crisp leaves and bonfires. I love enjoying a festive pumpkin spice latte while taking a trip to the pumpkin patch. When it's the perfect temperature to wear jeans and a cozy sweater, best thing ever. Everything turns a wonderful shade of orange and I just can't get enough of it all. Something about this time of year fills my heart with SO much joy. I feel like a kid, all giddy, during these months. Does anyone else love the fall and holiday season?!
Pumpkin may just top my list of favorite flavors. It can be used in so so many recipes and adds a heartiness that I can't get enough of! One of my favorite ways to use it is in baked goods like these paleo bagels. They add the perfect twist to the classic bagel and spice it up a bit. I love having variations of my favorite foods so that I can always change up what I'm eating and add some variety. I also love that these can be tailored to your liking. Personally, I love to top them with a chocolate spread (shown in the pictures) or with a nut butter. You can also add some ghee with cinnamon or even a jam of some sort! There are so many ways to enjoy these delicious and nutritious paleo pumpkin bagels!
Paleo Pumpkin Bagels
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk of choice I used almond milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a donut or bagel pan.
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients, except for the baking soda, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients, except for the apple cider vinegar, and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet until well combined and the batter is smooth.
- Pipe or spoon the batter into the prepared pan until all molds have an even amount of batter.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before removing from the pan onto a cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy! Can be topped with ghee, nut butter, or even a chocolate spread (like I have done in the picture)!