These chocolate chip banana bars are simply DELISH! If you love all things banana bread, you will absolutely love these. I wasn't sure what to call these because they're not quite banana bread, but they're not quite a cookie bar either, so I like to say they're the best of both worlds! These are gluten-free, dairy-free, simple to make, and so so yummy!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- ripe bananas
- non-dairy butter
- brown sugar
- gluten-free flour
- vanilla extract
- non-dairy chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Banana Bars
- ½ cup non-dairy butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar can sub coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 3 medium bananas
- ⅓ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the non-dairy butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour and salt until combined. Fold in the mashed banana and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before slicing and enjoying!