These are a fun and healthy alternative to the beloved Take 5 candy bar. I mean, who doesn't love the peanut butter-chocolate-peanut-caramel-pretzel combination?! It's simply too good. This date caramel makes these a healthy and tasty snack! These are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and simple to make. They're the perfect snack for when you're craving a candy bar!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- gluten-free pretzels
- non-dairy milk
- non-dairy chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- peanut butter
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in the fridge or freezer.
Vegan & Gluten-free Take 5 Bites
- 25 gluten-free pretzels
- ¼ cup smooth, natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup gluten-free pretzels crushed
For the Date Caramel:
- 10 dates soaked in warm water for about 10 min. then drained
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips be sure to use a refined sugar-free chocolate if strictly refined sugar-free!
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add the ingredients for the date caramel and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the gluten-free pretzels along the prepared baking sheet. Add about a teaspoon (or more depending on how big your pretzels are!) of peanut butter onto each pretzel.
- Spoon a teaspoon (or more!) of the date caramel on top of the peanut butter. Press a few peanuts into the caramel. Place the tray in the freezer for about an hour.
- Melt together the chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth. Dip each pretzel bite into the chocolate so that it is completely coated. Sprinkle some crushed pretzels onto the top before returning to the freezer to set. Enjoy!