These chocolate cookies are filled with a delicious cheesecake filling! They are gluten-free, dairy-free, and make for the most delicious holiday (or any time of year!) treat!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- gluten-free flour
- cacao powder
- baking soda
- non-dairy butter
- coconut sugar
- tapioca flour
- non-dairy milk
- vanilla extract
- non-dairy cream cheese
- powdered sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week before moving to the freezer!
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Cheesecake filled Chocolate Cookies
For the cookies:
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup cacao powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup non-dairy butter cold
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoon non-dairy milk I used oat milk!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz. non-dairy cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- splash of vanilla extract
- Cream together the cheesecake filling ingredients until smooth. Scoop into tablespoon sized drops and place on a parchment lined baking sheet to freeze for at least one hour.
- In a stand mixer, cream the non-dairy butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract and egg until smooth. Mix in the rest of the cookie ingredients until well combined. Add in the non-dairy milk.
- Cover and chill the dough for about 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Begin scooping the cookie dough into 12 large cookies and flatten so that you can place one of the frozen cheesecake drops into the middle of the cookies. Mold the cookie dough to cover the cheesecake filling and then roll the cookies into sugar and place all of the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 min. Let them cool for 10 min. on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!