These banana bread bites are the most soft and delicious healthy bites you will eat! They really are banana bread in a bite, and in the best way possible. They are made with healthy ingredients that are paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and oh so tasty!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- coconut sugar
- egg or flax egg
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Paleo Banana Bread Bites
These banana bread bites are soft and delicious while also being paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free!
For the banana bites:
- ⅓ cup mashed banana from about 1 small banana
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar can sub any granulated sugar
- 1 egg can sub flax egg but I haven't tried myself!
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- splash of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoon +1tsp coconut flour
For the paleo frosting:
- ⅓ cup coconut butter melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the regular icing:
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed banana, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and sugar until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until you have a cookie dough type texture. Scoop into about 1-2 tablespoon sized bites and lightly flatten on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the bites for about 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
- For the paleo frosting, melt the coconut butter until smooth. Mix in the maple syrup and spread over each of the cookies.
- For the regular icing, mix the powdered sugar with 1 teaspoon of water, add more 1 teaspoon at a time until you achieve the consistency you'd like. Enjoy!
These 100% are more bready than cookie, which I appreciate, kind of reminds me of little bite sized scones. Flavor is amazing, the coconut butter and maple glaze is too good. Definitely saving this recipe ^^
Hi Michaela! I'm so happy you tried these and enjoyed them! I definitely agree, they're much more bread-y than a cookie and remind me of scones too!:)