These super soft pumpkin cookies are filled with a delicious dairy-free cheesecake center that is simply to die for! I don't know about anyone else, but I love anything and everything cheesecake, so combining cheesecake with cookies is a dream come true. The filling is the perfect level of sweetness to pair with the pumpkin cookies. They're gluten-free, dairy-free, simple to make, and the perfect fall treat!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- pumpkin puree
- non-dairy cream cheese
- gluten-free flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder
- baking soda
- non-dairy butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in the fridge or freezer. I personally enjoy these straight out of the freezer because they're so soft!
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Cheesecake filled Pumpkin Cookies
For the Pumpkin Cookies:
- ¾ cup non-dairy butter
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup pumpkin puree *see notes for how to properly dry the pumpkin
- 1 ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- splash of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz. non-dairy cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For Rolling the Cookies:
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a mixer, cream together the powdered sugar and cream cheese until well combined. Scoop into 1 ½ teaspoon sized "blobs" and onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours until frozen solid.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the pumpkin, egg yolks, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Scoop the dough into about 12 large cookies and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Remove the frozen cheesecake scoops from the freezer and place one in the center of each ball of cookie dough. Be sure that the cookie dough completely engulfs the cheesecake filling. Roll each cookie in the cinnamon + sugar mixture.
- Bake the cookies for about 12-14 minutes and let them cool completely before transferring to a wire rack to continue setting. These are super soft so I personally love eating them cold out of the fridge or freezer!