These Christmas cookie bars are the perfect holiday treat! They are a delicious sugar cookie base topped with a sweet frosting. They're gluten-free, dairy-free, and so so tasty!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- gluten-free flour
- vanilla extract
- non-dairy butter or ghee
- baking powder
- powdered sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
Store at room temp. or in the fridge for up to 1 week before freezing.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Christmas Cookie Bars
For the cookie base:
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼+1/8 teaspoon xanthum gum only if your flour does not already contain it!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup non-dairy butter can sub ghee if you'd like!
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting:
- ½ cup non-dairy butter
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- non-dairy milk to thin
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the egg, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in your Christmas sprinkles and press into prepared pan. Bake for about 10 min. Let cool.
- For the frosting, beat the butter until fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract. Add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Add in the nondairy milk until you get your desired consistency.
- Tope the cookie bars with the frosting and additional sprinkles. Slice and enjoy!