These maple sugar cookies are everything you'll ever need in a cookie! They have the best soft texture paired with the best buttery maple flavor. My family says these cookies remind them of waffles soaked in maple syrup...yum! They're gluten-free, dairy-free, simple to make, and absolutely delicious!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- maple syrup
- gluten-free flour
- vanilla extract
- maple extract
- brown sugar
- nondairy butter
See recipe card for quantities.
Store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Maple Cookies
- 1 egg
- ½ cup non-dairy butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 ⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
For the maple icing:
- 2 ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg, maple syrup, and extracts until well combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until you have a cookie dough. Scoop into 14-15 large cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover the baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake the cookies for about 11 minutes and let cool while you make the icing.
- Mix together the icing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle the icing over the cooled cookies and enjoy!