These are a gluten-free & dairy-free version of the classic sugar cookie! They are oh so tasty and remind me of the Swig sugar cookies. So simple to make and perfect for every occasion.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- nondairy butter
- powdered sugar
- gluten free flour
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- cream of tartar
- neutral oil
- nondairy frosting of choice
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days being moving to freezer.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Sugar Cookies
- ½ cup nondairy butter softened
- 2 ⅓ cup gluten free flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup neutral oil I used melted coconut oil!
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ cup sugar or granulated sugar substitute
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until you have a cookie dough. Scoop the dough into about 10 large cookies and place on baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookies using the bottom of a glass cup dipped in sugar. This gives the cookies that classic sugar cookie look. Bake for about 8 min and let cool. Top with your favorite frosting and enjoy!