This puppy chow is high in protein and makes for the BEST snack! I know some people call it "muddy buddies" but I call it puppy chow. Either way, it's so so yum and addicting. I used Three Wishes cereal in this to pack in even more protein. This protein puppy chow is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, easy to make, and so delicious!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- gluten-free cereal of choice-I used unsweetened Three Wishes cereal
- nondairy chocolate chips
- peanut butter
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- vanilla protein powder of choice
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week!
High Protein Puppy Chow
- ½ cup nondairy chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter smooth, natural
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cup gluten-free cereal plain
- 1 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt together the chocolate chips and peanut butter until smooth.
- Mix in the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the dry cereal and mix until the cereal is fully coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the chocolate coated cereal to a large ziploc bag. Add in the protein powder, seal the bag, and shake vigorously until the cereal is evenly coated in the protein powder. Enjoy!