These gluten-free and dairy-free homemade copycat Levain Bakery cookies are double chocolate heaven! They are so thick and have the best soft texture. They're simple to make, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sure to be a favorite!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- gluten-free flour
- cacao powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- tapioca flour
- non-dairy butter
- brown sugar or coconut sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- non-dairy chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 week!
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Homemade Chocolate Levain Bakery Cookies
These are a delicious homemade copycat version of the Levain Bakery double chocolate cookies but are gluten-free, dairy-free, and absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon tapioca flour can sub arrowroot flour or corn starch
- ⅔ cup cacao powder unsweetened
- ½ cup non-dairy butter cold
- ½ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop into 8 large (very large) cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for about 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake the cookies for 9-10 min. (closer to 9 min. if you want them gooey!) Let them cool completely before enjoying!
Leave a Reply