These classic chocolate and peanut butter treats are made allergy-friendly with sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter! They taste just like the classic buckeye but with some alternative ingredients. They're vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and absolutely delicious!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- sunflower seed butter
- powdered sugar
- vegan butter
- vegan chocolate chips
- coconut oil
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week before moving to the freezer.
Nut-free & Dairy-free Buckeyes
- ½ cup Sunflower seed butter
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon non-dairy butter melted
- ¾ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Using a mixer, mix the sunflower seed butter, powdered sugar, and butter until you have a fudgy texture that can be rolled into balls. Add more powdered sugar if it is too soft or more butter if it is too crumbly.
- Begin rolling the mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth. Using a toothpick or skewers, place one in each fudge ball to dip into the chocolate, leaving a small circle of the sunflower seed butter fudge showing at the top to give it the "buckeye" look.
- Once all the balls are dipped, freeze until the chocolate is set. Enjoy!