These chocolate peppermint protein donuts are the perfect holiday snack! I love all things chocolate peppermint during the holiday season, so these are one of my favorites to make! They're paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan-option, festive, and so tasty!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- oat flour
- cacao powder
- peppermint extract
- baking powder
- coconut sugar
- egg or flax egg
- coconut oil
- coconut butter
- maple syrup
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Protein Donuts
For the donuts:
- ⅓ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder unsweetened
- ½ cup paleo chocolate protein powder
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup nondairy milk I used oat milk!
- 1 egg can sub flax egg for vegan
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
For the frosting:
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- candy canes, crushed optional (not paleo or vegan!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a donut pan. Mix all of the wet ingredients until smooth before mixing in the dry.
- Once the mixture is well combined, spread into the prepared donut pan and bake for 15-17 min. Let cool.
- Melt together the coconut butter and maple syrup. Frost the cooled donuts with the frosting. Add optional crushed candy canes and enjoy!