I don't know about y'all, but I used to absolutely LOVE lava cakes. They were one of my favorites. Now that I eat mostly paleo, I am so excited about this paleo version! They still have the gorgeous melty chocolate center while being paleo, gluten-free, & dairy-free!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- cacao powder
- granulated stevia or other sugar substitute
- baking powder
- coconut milk
- nondairy chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Paleo Mini Chocolate Lava Cakes
- ½ cup cacao powder unsweetened
- ¼ cup granulated stevia sweetener or erythritol or regular sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon paleo baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk full fat is best!
- splash of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup nondairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 8 muffin tins. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Once you have a batter, pour evenly into the 8 muffin molds. Add a sprinkle of chocolate chips to the center of each and lightly press into the batter so that they are covered.
- Bake for about 10-12 min. or until they are cooked on the top but still jiggle slightly. You don't want to overbake these as you want a gooey lava center! Let cool before taking out of the muffin tin and topping with optional (but highly recommended) nondairy ice cream!