These cherry pie cookies are the perfect little pie bites! The cookie pairs perfectly with the cherry filling and they're paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and so tasty!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- almond flour
- vanilla & almond extracts
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- tapioca flour
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week before moving to the freezer!
Paleo & Vegan Cherry Pie Cookies
These cherry pie cookies are the most delicious cookies! They're paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and simple to make!
For the cookies:
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the cherry filling:
- 1 cup cherries fresh or frozen
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ tablespoon +1 teaspoon tapioca flour can sub arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix together all cookie ingredients until you have a dough.
- Roll the cookie dough into 10-12 cookies and use your thumb or a teaspoon to press into the center of the cookies. Bake for 10-11 min.
- In a small saucepan, add the cherries and cook until they are softened down. Mash the cherries while cooking them. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and continue cooking on high heat until thickened.
- Once the filling is your desired consistency, remove from heat and let cool. Spoon the filling into the cookies. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply