These date caramel squares are the best ooey gooey texture with the perfect caramel flavor! They're made with primarily dates and are absolutely heavenly, if you ask me. My favorite dates are Joolie's dates and I used them in all of my baking. I keep these in the freezer and they remain chewy, even straight out of the freezer! They're paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and so so tasty.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- sunflower seed butter
- almond flour
- coconut flour
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in the freezer!
Paleo & Vegan Date Caramels
These date caramels are paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, gooey, and absolutely delicious!
- 2 cup dates *see notes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter can use any nut butter of choice!
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. In a food processor, blend the dates and sunflower seed butter until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, salt, and coconut flour. Blend until you have a sticky dough. Press into the prepared loaf pan and place in the freezer to set for at least 5 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and slice into squares the size of your choice! Enjoy!
*soak your dates in hot water for at least 1 hour to ensure they are soft enough to blend
Leave a Reply