These fudge thumbprint cookies are the perfect simple & healthy treat! They have the delicious almond flavor that pairs perfectly with the fudgy center. They are paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- almond flour
- maple syrup
- coconut oil or ghee
- vanilla and almond extracts
- baking powder
- almond butter
- non-dairy chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Store at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Paleo & Vegan Fudge Thumbprint Cookies
For the cookies:
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the fudge filling:
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoon non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix all cookie ingredients until you have a cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using a teaspoon, press into each cookie to create the "thumbprint" indentation.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-11 min. Let cool while you mix the fudge filling.
- Melt together the almond butter and chocolate until smooth. Spoon the filling into the center of each cookie and allow them to set in the fridge for about an hour. Enjoy!