These homemade peppermint patties are a delicious healthier version of the York peppermint patties! They taste just as yummy while also being paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. You must try these out!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- nondairy chocolate
- coconut oil
- coconut butter
- peppermint extract
- coconut cream
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 5 days before transferring to the freezer.
Paleo & Vegan Homemade Peppermint Patties
These peppermint patties taste just like the York peppermint patties while being paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free!
For the chocolate:
- 2 nondairy chocolate bars
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
For the peppermint filling:
- ¼ cup coconut butter softened
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract adjust according to how strong you want the peppermint flavor!
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon granulated monkfruit sugar substitute sub stevia or cane sugar
- 2 tablespoon coconut cream
- Line 12 muffin tins with silicone cupcake liner or regular cupcake liners. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Fill the bottom of each liner with chocolate and spread up the sides slightly. Place in the freezer to set.
- Mix together the filling ingredients and spoon about 2 teaspoon of peppermint filling onto the chocolate layer.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the peppermint layer, coating it completely. Freeze to set and enjoy!
Leave a Reply