These peanut butter protein squares are not only vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free, but also incredibly delicious! They are the perfect healthy sweet snack to make for a busy week and taste so similar to a Reese's. Simple and nutritious ingredients are all you need to make these!
Store in the fridge or freezer.
Peanut Butter Protein Squares
- 1 ¼ cup smooth peanut butter use a natural kind so that it is very liquid
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup protein powder of choice I used a vanilla protein
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate topping:
- 1 cup nondairy chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and protein powder until you have a dough.
- Press dough into a parchment lined 8x8 pan and place in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt together the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over the peanut butter layer. Let set in the fridge before slicing and enjoying!