These chocolate peanut butter bars are a chocolate peanut butter lovers' dream! They're filled with gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, and refined sugar free ingredients. Three delicious layers that will instantly put you in a good mood when you take a bite!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- almond flour
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- peanut butter
- cacao powder
- nondairy chocolate bar
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 5 days before moving to the freezer.
Vegan & Gluten-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
For the shortbread layer:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch salt
For the peanut butter filling:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter make sure it is a natural kind so that it is very liquid-y
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
For the chocolate peanut butter layer:
- ⅓ of the peanut butter filling from above
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoon cacao powder unsweetened
- 1 nondairy chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Mix together the shortbread ingredients and press into prepared pan. Bake for 12 min.
- While shortbread is cooling, mix together the peanut butter layer until smooth. Spread ⅔ of this mixture evenly over the top of the shortbread layer. Place in the freezer to set.
- While the peanut butter layer is setting, melt the nondairy chocolate bar. Mix this with the remaining ⅓ of the peanut butter mixture, maple syrup, and cacao powder until well combined.
- Spread this evenly over the peanut butter layer and return to the freezer to set for at least an hour.
- Once the layers are set and frozen, slice into squares and enjoy!