This protein chocolate chunk ice cream is creamy and delicious! It is paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and so so tasty. I love love love ice cream, and this is the perfect non-dairy alternative that has some added protein!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- canned coconut milk
- chocolate protein shake of choice
- almond butter
- maple syrup
- vegan chocolate bar
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in the freezer and remove 10 minutes prior to scooping so that it is soft enough!
Protein Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- 6 oz. vanilla or chocolate protein shake of choice I mixed 2 scoops of my paleo/vegan chocolate protein powder with almond milk and used this!
- ¾ cup smooth almond butter
- ⅔ cup coconut cream the thick part from the top of a can of coconut milk!
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon honey sub more maple syrup for vegan!
- 1 vegan chocolate bar chopped
- In a blender, add all ingredients except for the chocolate chunks and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate chunks. Pour into a parchment lined loaf tin and place in the freezer to set for at least 5 hours. Scoop and enjoy!