These chocolate cookies are super soft and absolutely delicious! They have a sugar coating but a soft interior. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, and so simple to whip up!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- gluten-free flour
- tapioca flour
- cacao powder
- baking soda
- non-dairy butter
- brown sugar
- non-dairy milk
- vanilla extract
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Soft Chocolate Cookies
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free flour I use the nut-free/gluten-free flour blend from Namaste (sold at Costco!)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup non-dairy butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until combined. Add your non-dairy milk. Cover the dough and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop into large cookies and roll in granulated sugar before placing on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10-11 min. and let cool before enjoying!