These strawberry cheesecake bars are the perfect refreshing treat! They have a delicious cookie crust paired with a sweet and creamy strawberry "cheesecake" filling. They're vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and can be paleo depending upon which cookie base you use!
I absolutely love anything and everything cheesecake! For my birthday one year, before going gluten & dairy-free, I got a whole Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for my birthday and it was HEAVEN, lol. These are honestly a delicious alternative to the real deal!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- cookie dough of choice (I have options linked below!)
- strawberries or raspberries
- coconut oil
- coconut milk
- coconut sugar
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice
See recipe card for quantities.
For the cookie dough base, here are a few options:
- For a premade cookie dough that's both vegan & gluten-free, I love DEUX vegan cookie dough
- For a paleo base, use the base/crumble recipe from my Vegan & Gluten-free Protein Apple Pie Bars
- For a more shortbread-type paleo crust, double the recipe for the shortbread cookie layer in my Vegan & Paleo Caramel Cookie Bars
Store in the freezer and remove for 5-10 min. prior to enjoying!
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
For the cookie base:
- ¾ cup Toto's sugar cookie dough *refer to notes for options
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1 cup strawberries you can use any berry you'd like!
- ½ cup cashews soaked in hot water for at least 1 hour
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil softened
- ⅓ cup coconut milk the creamy part from the top of a can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Prepare your cookie base and bake according to instructions.
- While the base cools, blend together all of the cheesecake ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake filling evenly over the cookie crust and freeze for at least 2 hours. Slice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply