These homemade Kudos bars are a fun vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, & refined sugar free version of your childhood favorite! They're made with simple and healthy ingredients and make for the perfect mid-day snack.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- puffed brown rice cereal
- gluten free oats
- coconut oil
- nut or seed butter
- maple syrup or honey
- vanilla extract
- nondairy chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these on the counter or in the fridge for up to 5 days then transfer to the freezer.
Vegan & Gluten-free Homemade Kudos Bars
- 3 cups gluten-free puffed brown rice cereal of choice
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup can sub honey if not vegan
- ¼ cup nut or seed butter I used sunflower seed butter!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nondairy chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. In a small saucepan, add the nut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Cook on medium heat until thickened and well combined, continuously stirring.
- Mix in the vanilla and salt. Remove from heat and let cool. In a separate large bowl, mix the brown rice cereal and oats together.
- Once the nut butter mixture has cooled a bit, pour it over the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Press the sticky mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Let harden for about an hour.
- Slice into 8-10 bars. Melt the chocolate. Dip each bar in the chocolate to coat the bottom and lay upside down on a baking sheet to let the chocolate harden. Once hardened, drizzle remaining chocolate over top of the bars. Enjoy!