These protein apple pie bars are like a cozy apple pie but in handheld form! They're vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. There is simply nothing better than these yummy apple pie bars!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- vanilla protein powder
- coconut oil
- almond butter
- maple syrup
- coconut flour
- tapioca flour
See recipe card for quantities.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Vegan & Gluten-free Protein Apple Pie Pars
For the base/crumble:
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 3 ½ tablespoon coconut oil melted
- splash of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the apple pie filling:
- 5 small/medium apples peeled & diced
- 2-3 tablespoon maple syrup can sub coconut sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ tablespoon tapioca flour
- ¼ cup water or apple cider if you're feeling fancy!
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Mix together the base ingredients and press ⅔ of the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 9 min. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add all of the apple pie filling ingredients and cook until the mixture thickens, and the apples are soft.
- Spread the filling over the base and crumble the remaining dough over top. Return to oven for another 22-23 min. Let cool before slicing and enjoying!