These protein bites are my version of a healthy cake pop! They're vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, and oh so tasty. I mean, who doesn't love a cake pop?! These are perfect for when you want one of those yummy Starbucks cake pops but have dietary restrictions (like me!) and want a better-for-you alternative!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- almond butter
- vanilla protein powder
- maple syrup
- coconut flour
- vegan white chocolate or dark chocolate
- coconut oil
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 4 days before moving to freezer.
Vegan & Gluten-free Protein Cake Pops
For the protein "cake":
- ¼ cup almond butter can sub any nut butter you'd like!
- ¼ cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- splash of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
For the chocolate coating:
- ½ cup vegan white chocolate chips can use dark chocolate instead if you'd like!
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix together all of the protein cake ingredients and roll into cake balls. Stick a cake pop skewer into each and freeze for 20 min.
- Melt together the white chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Dip each cake pop in the chocolate and let it harden before enjoying!