These espresso chocolate chip cookies are a coffee lovers' dream! They are the perfect combo of espresso and a gooey chocolate chip cookie. They're gluten-free, dairy-free, and go perfectly with your cozy cup of coffee!
Background content: is this popular at certain times of year? Special holidays?
This was inspired by my other recipe on this site, and pairs well with this amazing sidedish recipe. Contextual, in-content links are far more valuable than a group listed at the bottom of the post.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- coconut sugar or brown sugar
- nondairy butter
- gluten-free flour
- baking soda
- nondairy chocolate chips
- instant espresso/coffee
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these at room temp. or in the fridge for up to 4 days before moving to freezer.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
These espresso chocolate chip cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, and absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar can sub a granulated sugar substitute like stevia or monkfruit
- ¾ cup nondairy butter browned and cooled
- 1 ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½-2/3 cup nondairy chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- splash of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 teaspoon instant espresso or instant coffee
- Brown the butter and let cool. Beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Let the dough chill for 30 min. Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop into about 12 cookies and bake for 10 min. Let cool and enjoy!
Leave a Reply