These funfetti sugar cookie bars are gluten-free, dairy-free, and full of fun! I'm a firm believer that sprinkles make everything more fun. These cookie bars are perfect for any celebration or just celebrating the everyday life!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- gluten-free flour
- granulated sugar
- nondairy butter or ghee
- baking powder
- powdered sugar
- nondairy milk
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 5 days then transfer to freezer.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars
For the cookie base:
- 1 ½ cup gluten free flour
- ¼ +⅛ teaspoon xanthum gum only if your flour does not already have it!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup nondairy butter can substitute ghee if you'd like
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sprinkles
For the frosting:
- ½ cup nondairy butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon nondairy milk as needed, to thin
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add in all dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for about 11-12 min. Let cool while you make the frosting.
- Whisk the butter until whipped. Mix in the powdered sugar ½ cup at a time until you get your desired consistency. Add in the vanilla. Add your milk if the frosting is too thick for your liking.
- Spread frosting evenly onto the cookie base, slice, and enjoy!