These chocolate chip cookies are a copycat/homemade version of the Levain Bakery cookies! This is a gluten-free & dairy-free version that is just as tasty. They're massive and simply melt in your mouth!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- gluten-free flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- tapioca flour
- nondairy butter
- brown sugar
- nondairy chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge or at room temp. for up to 4 days before moving to freezer.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Homemade Levain Bakery Cookies
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon tapioca flour can sub corn starch or arrowroot flour
- ½ cup nondairy butter cold
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup nondairy chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into 8 large cookie balls and refrigerate for about an hour. Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake the cookies for 10 min. and let cool completely before enjoying!