These protein donuts are gluten-free, dairy-free, and packed with all the deliciousness of a classic donut! What better way to sneak in some protein than in a donut? It's simply one of my favorite recipes and you need to try them!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- almond flour
- vanilla protein powder
- baking powder
- nondairy milk
- coconut sugar
- egg or flax egg
- coconut oil
- optional coconut butter
- optional maple syrup
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these in the fridge for up to 5 days then transfer to the freezer.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Protein Donuts
These protein donuts are not only delicious, but they are also gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free!
For the donuts:
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup nondairy milk may need up to ¼ cup more depending on the type of protein powder you use!
- ¼ cup coconut sugar can sub regular sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
For the optional frosting:
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a donut pan. Mix all of the wet ingredients and then mix in the dry until you have a thick donut batter. You may need to add more milk depending on how absorbent your protein powder is.
- Spread the batter into the donut molds. Bake for about 15-17 min. Let cool.
- Melt the coconut butter until completely melted. Mix in the maple syrup. Dip each donut into the frosting and enjoy!
Leave a Reply