These red velvet cupcakes are fluffy and delicious while also being gluten-free and dairy-free! I topped them with my vegan cream cheese frosting and they are the perfect sweet treat!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- coconut oil or neutral oil
- oat milk
- white vinegar
- red food coloring
- hot coffee
- cacao powder
- gluten-free flour
See recipe card for quantities.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 egg
- ½ cup melted coconut oil can sub any neutral oil
- ½ cup oat milk + 1 teaspoon white vinegar let this sit for a few min. before using
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon red food coloring more/less depending on the color you want
- ¼ cup hot coffee
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder unsweetened
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners. Mix together the oil and sugars. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients and the food coloring.
- Mix in the dry ingredients. Scoop into the cupcake liners and bake for about 23 min. Let cool before topping with your frosting of choice! Check out my vegan cream cheese frosting recipe-it goes perfectly on these!