Who doesn't love a cookie that you can eat for BREAKFAST?! I'm all about dessert for breakfast-especially when it's packed with nutrients! These cookies are full of super foods from all of the different seeds and are sweetened with some maple syrup. I also love how versatile these are as you can sub out different nuts, seeds, and fruits depending on what you have on hand. I used unsweetened applesauce in my batch but you could easily sub this out for mashed banana or even pumpkin. These cookies were such a hit in my house that the whole batch was gone in just a few days. They are the perfect snack, breakfast, or even dessert! I love to pair mine with a yogurt bowl and some nut butter-the perfect balanced snack. I just know that you will love these, enjoy!
Healthy Superfood Cookies (Gluten-free & Vegan)
- 1 Cup Rolled oats
- ½ Cup Almond flour
- ¼ Cup Flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- ¼ Cup Raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ¼ Cup Sunflower seeds I used sprouted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder I used a paleo blend
- ½ Cup Raisins
- ½ Cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoon Melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon Almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add in all of the dry ingredients (oats, flour, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, salt, cinnamon, baking powder) and mix until combined.
- Add in the applesauce, coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk. Mix until a sticky batter is formed.
- Divide and roll the batter (about 1-2 tablespoon of batter per cookie) into cookies (about 18 cookies).
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes until transferring to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Store in the refrigerator or freezer and enjoy!