As we get further into May, I'm starting to crave all things SUMMER. And that includes summery treats and flavors such as mango! There's nothing better than a sweet and fruity treat to enjoy on these warmer days, and it also helps that these are healthy, grain-free, gluten-free, and vegan. There's also no refined sugars in these which we LOVE. These use simple ingredients and are pretty easy to whip up. My whole family enjoyed these and I plan on making some more soon!
For the "granola" base of these bars I used Nutsola superfood mix in the cacao almond flavor! I love that these mixes are grain-free and sweetened with dates. All you have to do is add some water to the mix and press it into a pan and your ready to go. I'll link the super food mix here: https://nutsola.com/products/nutrition-cacao-almond-superfood-mix-buy-online If you don't have the mix, feel free to use any homemade granola recipe that can be pressed into a crust form, there are plenty of recipes on Pinterest! Simple and healthy ingredients + sweet mango = a winning treat. Enjoy!
Mango Chocolate Bars (Grain-free & Vegan)
For the Crust/Base:
- 1 Bag Nutsola cacao almond superfood mix
- 3 tablespoon Water to mix with the superfood mix
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 Cup Dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil
For the Mango Layer:
- 2 Cups Frozen mango or 1 extra large fresh mango
- ¼ Cup Canned coconut milk full-fat
- 3 tablespoon Maple syrup or raw honey if not vegan
- Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the superfood mix and water and mix until the mixture can be pressed together. Add the mix to the prepared pan and press into a base layer.
- In a separate bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Pour the chocolate mixture over the granola base and spread into an even layer. Place in the freezer for 10-15 min.
- In a blender, add the mango (fresh or frozen), coconut milk, and maple syrup and blend until a custard is formed.
- Once the chocolate layer is hardened, you can remove it from the freezer and pour on the mango layer. Spread evenly and return to the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes before cutting and serving. I find these are best if stored in the freezer, like a frozen treat! Enjoy!