Need a quick and easy snack to meal prep for your busy week ahead? I've got you covered! These paleo chocolate energy balls are the perfect snack to give you some protein and satisfy that sweet tooth. There's no fuss involved when making these, just add all of the ingredients into a food processor and there you go. I love to make a big batch of these at the beginning of the week to have on hand throughout the week. They are perfect for my busy college schedule, and they keep my stomach happy with all of the gut-friendly ingredients!
To add the perfect sweetness to these energy bites, I added 2 packets of the SweetLeaf Stevia packets. I love this brand because I know that they use quality ingredients, as they're certified by the Paleo Foundation! I am a big advocate for natural sweeteners as I believe that artificial sweeteners tend to do more harm than good for our health and our bodies. This stevia is certified organic, straight from the Stevia leaf, and has no additives of any sort, which is something I value highly. I like to add their stevia products to many of my recipes! The perfect pure sweetness without any of the negative effects of artificial sweeteners. The stevia packets are perfect for adding to your baking or to energy bites such as these!
Energy bites and bliss balls are some of my favorite snacks because 1. they are so quick and easy to make and 2. they are small and a perfect snack for a busy day. I also love how versatile they can be. You can add your own twist to these by using a different nut or nut butter, adding chocolate chips or different seeds, or adding a different flavor to them! There are so many ways to switch these up from week to week. I hope you enjoy!
Paleo Chocolate Energy Balls
- food processor or blender
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup almond butter smooth
- 2 packets SweetLeaf Stevia or other sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder unsweetened, raw
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Add the almonds to the food processor and process until they are crumb-like.
- Add the dates, ½ cup at a time and process until the almonds and dates are combined.
- Add the almond butter ½ cup at a time and process until well combined. Add the chia seeds, cacao powder, and SweetLeaf Stevia packets. Process until a sticky dough is formed.
- Remove the batter from the food processor and roll into 16 bite-size balls. Place on the parchment paper and put in fridge to set. Enjoy!