These funfetti donuts are a ~fun~ twist on my protein donut recipe! They're made with simple ingredients and seriously have the dreamiest texture ever. My family absolutely loves when I make a batch of these. They're paleo (be sure to use paleo-friendly sprinkles), gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and so delicious!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- almond flour
- vanilla protein powder
- baking powder
- nondairy milk
- coconut sugar
- coconut oil
- paleo sprinkles
- coconut butter + maple syrup for the frosting
- almond and vanilla extracts
See recipe card for quantities.
Store at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Paleo Funfetti Protein Donuts
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup nondairy milk may need up to ¼ cup more depending on the type of protein powder you use!
- ¼ cup coconut sugar can sub regular sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup sprinkles of choice + extra for decor!
For the paleo frosting:
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
For regular icing:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon water to thin
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a donut pan. In a bowl, mix together all wet ingredients until well combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until you have a donut batter. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Spread the batter evenly into the donut molds and bake for about 15-17 min. Let cool.
- If making the paleo frosting, melt together the coconut butter and maple syrup until combined and dip each donut into the mixture. If using regular icing, add water 1 teaspoon at a time into the powdered sugar until you have your desired icing consistency. Dip each donut into the icing. Top with optional sprinkles and enjoy!