This lemon poppy seed bread is seriously to die for! I love all things lemon and lemon poppy seed, so I may be biased, but this bread is heavenly. It has a moist texture and tastes like springtime in your mouth. It's paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and so tasty!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- non-dairy milk
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- poppy seeds
See recipe card for quantities.
You can freeze this loaf or store in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
A healthy and delicious lemon poppyseed bread! Made from paleo and gut-friendly ingredients, this bread will fill all of your snack and dessert needs!
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ½ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- ¼ cup dairy free milk of choice I used almond milk
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda, in a large bowl
- Add in the wet ingredients: eggs, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and almond milk. Combine well.
- Fold in the poppy seeds and pour into pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges are slightly crispy.
- Enjoy! Can be frozen or can be stored in fridge for up to 5 days.
Looks delicious! Do you have a recipe for the icing?
Hi Kate! Thank you for reminding me, I meant to add it to the recipe card! I'll update it now, but in the meantime, for a non-paleo icing: 1/2 cup powdered sugar mixed with water to thin, and for a paleo icing: melt 1/4 cup coconut butter and mix with 1-2 tbsp maple syrup!:)