This deep-dish skillet cookie is vegan, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and oh so tasty! Loaded with healthy ingredients making this skillet cookie an amazing alternative to a regular skillet cookie.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- cassava flour
- baking powder
- brown sugar
- coconut sugar
- egg replacer
- nondairy butter
- nondairy chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Vegan & Paleo Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup cassava flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder make sure to use a paleo baking powder if strictly paleo!
- ¼ cup brown sugar sub coconut sugar for paleo
- ¼ cup granulated sugar sub coconut sugar for paleo
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter see substitutions section for paleo
- ½ cup nondairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a medium sized skillet.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, until you have a dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the skillet and bake for about 17 min. or until lightly golden. Don't overbake if you want it nice and gooey inside! Let cool before topping with optional (but highly recommended ice cream) and digging in!