These Christmas tree cakes are a delicious homemade version of the Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes! I used to love when I got one of these in my lunch during the holiday season, they were the best. I decided I needed to try making a version that fit my dietary restrictions. These are gluten-free, dairy-free, and taste absolutely delicious!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- 1 package of your favorite gluten-free/dairy-free chocolate cake mix
- non-dairy frosting
- non-dairy white chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- sprinkles for topping
See recipe card for quantities.
Store these for up to 1 week before moving to the freezer.
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Copycat Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes
- 1 package gluten-free/dairy-free chocolate cake mix of choice I used a paleo chocolate cake mix from Bob's Redmill
- ¼ cup non-dairy vanilla frosting I have a recipe on my website you can use!
- ¾ cup non-dairy white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- red frosting for decoration
- green sprinkles for decoration
- Prepare your chocolate cake according to the package and bake in a large sheet cake pan. Let cool before using a christmas tree cookie cutter to cut out as many christmas trees as you can fit. I got about 20 out of my cake, which made 10 cakes total.
- Use your frosting to sandwich together 2 Christmas trees to create the cakes. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Melt together the white chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Coat each tree in the white chocolate and top with sprinkles. Let harden before decorating with the red frosting. Enjoy!